Welcome To Calalta Figure Skating Club
We are a non-profit Skate Canada accredited club that strives to teach the magic of skating with quality, creativity and a strong technical standard.
Our mission is to provide skating programs, coaching and recreation that will encourage each skater to achieve their own personal level of performance in a safe and healthy environment.
We offer programming for competitive and recreational skaters, all ages and levels. Click on the program tab for details, or call our office at 403-245-2425.
Register for Winter 2015!
Register here for our Skate Canada CanSkate, Preschool and Power Skating programs.
Please contact the office to volunteer with the club. There are still some positions available that need to be filled ASAP.
Connect with us!
We are looking to improve on how we communicate with our club skaters and families. We will be posting news updates, rink availability news, and even photos of our skaters on our club Facebook account.
If you have a Facebook and/or Twitter account, be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter to get the latest updates at the club!
Skaters at our first Jr/Int. Sunday Stroking session of the 2014/15 season!
Skaters on our first Sr. Sunday Stroking session 2014/15.
If you have a skating / club related story or idea you would like to post, get in touch with us. We welcome your feedback and ideas!
And the 2014-15 Season begins!
Welcome back to our returning skaters and welcome to our new skaters!
Just a few items to mention as we kick off our new season at Calalta.
- All skaters entering the ice at Jimmie Condon and COP MUST check in with the rink chair. If you are not registered for a session, pick up fees will apply and MUST be paid before the skater gets on the ice. Cash and cheques are accepted and should be paid to the rink chair.
- CanSkate skaters will still enter the rink by the mirrors. Please ensure your child has the appropriate attire and gear for their session - remember to bring your child's helmet and make sure it fits (no bike helmets allowed) - if you forget the helmet, your child is not permitted to skate! As well, please take your child to the bathroom prior to the session.
- If you are new to CanSkate, please be at the rink 15 minutes prior to the session in order to get your child's skates on. Jaime-Lyn Jackson (Director Of Group Programs) and her program assistants will be on hand to welcome you and your skater to the session.
- Sunday Stroking is back! This is an important element of a skater's training program and we are pleased to be offering it again this season. There are two sessions - Junior/Intermediate from 9 to 10 am and Senior/Elite from 10 to 11 am.
These sessions are followed by off ice or dry land sessions which are also a key component in building the strength of a skater.
- Stroking (15 minutes per session) has also been added to the Junior, Intermediate and Senior free skate sessions that run from Monday to Thursday at Jimmie Condon.
- Part of being a member of Calalta is volunteering. The family of each skater is required to volunteer 12 hours over the course of the year (if a family has more than one skater, the volunteer hours are 16 hours for the season). To ensure we get the volunteers we need, during the registration process, we require a $600 cheque (payable to Calalta) that will be destroyed once your volunteer hours are completed. Please print off the volunteer sheet (hard copies are on the bulletin board at Jimmie Condon) and include it with your $600.00 volunteer deposit cheque. NOTE: This does not apply to CanSkate families.
If you have any questions regarding the above or skating questions in general, please call Natalie or Dianne in the office at 403-245-2425 and they will be glad to help you.
Have a wonderful skating season!
Calalta Figure Skating Club
Get the latest buzz from the club. Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook today!